Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the Scientific Dieting and Exercise Blog. I created this blog to collate the most reliable and verifiable scientific facts about dieting and exercise. I am highly skeptical about most dieting and exercise claims.

The internet is full of bad advice about how to diet: Fad diets and Woo diets are a staple on the internet. A fad diet is usually a diet published in a book that focuses on one food or food group such as stressing the goodness of meat and protein. A Woo diet focuses on non-scientific concepts such as "balancing energy" or "cleansing".

Even more pernicious is bad advice about how to exercise. Dangerous stretches, activities, and weight lifting postures seem to rule the roost.

My goal in this blog is to teach myself (and you) how to create a diet and exercise routine that will help you live a healthy life. I'm not an expert, but I will be searching out the best modern advice I can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment